An Addon Domain is a domain name which points to its own folder within public_html and appears as a separate website from your primary domain. This allows you to have both site1.com and site2.com on the same hosting plan, sharing the same resources, but appearing completely separate.
It is important to note that the addon domain can be accessed in two ways, both as site2.com and site1.com/folder-name It is important to make sure you don't create a page within site1.com with the same name as the folder that contains site2.com. For this reason it is suggested that you name the folder the full domain name of site2.com including the .com, .net, etc.
How to Create an Addon Domain
To create an addon domain, perform the following steps:
1. Click on Addon Domain on your main cPanel page.
2. Enter the new addon domain's name in the New Domain Name text box.
3. Enter the directory that you wish to contain the addon domain's files in the document root text box. This should auto-fill for you.
4. Enter and confirm the username and password in the appropriate boxes.
5. Click Add Domain.
6. To add files to the addon domain's home directory simply use your file manager and navigate to the above named folder.